The OsEra Software Architecture project provides a formal model of OS-ERA. The model
is a High Level Architecture (HLA) and has two main parts:
- One part
defines the make-up of the software packages that the OS-ERA
initiative will release.
- The other part defines, also at a high level, the governance and
management roles and functions that OS-ERA will require, and describes how
projects that develop and release OS-ERA software packages will be
organized. This Organizational Model is a strawman of what an OsEra
Organization might look like as it is transitioned from a GSA sponsored
effort to a multi-agency, multi-enterprise open source effort.
- There is a current GSA-supported project to create a demonstration
prototype of the OsEra architecture. Refinement of the Software Package
Architecture of the High Level Architecture is an intended side-effect of
this project. Refinement of the OsEra Organizational Model is out of scope.
This project is expected to complete in February 2005
- In future projects the HLA will be further refined using the experience
gained in its application.
- The OsEra Organizational Model will be modified as the transition of the
organization to an open source community model is planned in greater deal.
Related Work & Resources
High Level Architecture V1
- The High Level Architecture, V1 was defined in a GSA-sponsored project
which closed in March 2005