OsEra's "middle name" is "eGov". A principal goal of OsEra is to provide
support for the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA). The Semantic Core of
OsEra will include formalized concepts of the FEA to enable and facilitate
support for and system mappings to the FEA Reference Models:
- Business Reference Model (BRM) – Provide Business
Model representation capabilities that map roles, collaborations, and other
business process concepts to the BRM.
- Performance Reference Model (PRM) – Provide a
Platform Independent Model that can simulate business processes and
activities across Lines of Business providing a framework enabling
definition and tracking of performance metrics. Business processes can be
simulated enabling the performance impact of changes in system architecture
to be assessed before any system is actually changed.
- Service Reference Model (SRM) – Provide Line of
Business modeling and publishing facilitating the sharing of common services
or service modules across agencies.
- Technical Reference Model (TRM) – Provide mapping
of components to higher levels of the FEA. OsEra will also enable generation
of executable components from the architecture definition.
- Data Reference Model (DRM) – Provide mapping
capabilities between information models and DRM elements.
- Federal Enterprise Architecture Reference Model
Ontology (FEA-RMO) – There is a current
GSA-supported project to create a demonstration prototype of the OsEra
architecture. In producing the infrastructure for this prototype, a formal
Ontology of four of the Reference Models of the FEA (BRM, PRM, SRM and TRM)
was created, the "FEA Reference Model Ontology (FEA-RMO)." Although the
project itself does not end until February 2005, the first version of FEA-RMO
has been completed.
- Maintenance of the Federal Enterprise Architecture is currently being
led by Mr. Richard Murphy of GSA's Enterprise Architecture Office (mailto:email@example.com).
- Direct Tagging of EA Models and Artifacts with FEA Semantics
- Support of OMB-300 generation
Related Work & Resources